Last Updated: 08/23/2019
In this policy
- “our”, “we”, and/or “us” means Neighborhood Partnerships
- “you” means you, the person using our services, or visiting our Site
- “Site” means our website that is accessible at: https://www.financialeducationstandards.org
- “services” means all services we provide and anything else we do for you, including providing you with access to our Site
2. Information we collect
If you are clicking through and reading information on the Site, then weautomatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- the IP address of your machine when connected to the Internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the Internet
- your browsing behavior (this means we track how you got to our Site, and what pages you click on after getting to our site)
- the date and time you are visiting
- the URLs of the pages you visit; and
- the domain name of the page you visit after leaving our Site. (I think we can take this out…still doing some research – DT)
We collect information you voluntarily provide to us, such as if you send us an email, sign up for a subscription, or provide or request information. Such information may include personal information, such as your name, address, email, telephone number, other contact and demographic information.
3. When and how we use your information
We use your information to measure the number of visitors to different parts of our Site to help us better understand the features of the Site that you and other users are most interested in.
We also use the information you provide us to contact you, provide you with services, or respond to your inquiries and/or questions. Additionally, Neighborhood Partnerships offers various subscription lists to which you could voluntarily submit your name and email address.
We don’t share information about the IP addresses that come to our Site, nor do we attempt to identify what individuals are connected to those IP addresses.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is the most accepted way of ensuring the security of transmitted information to and from Internet sites worldwide. An SSL certificate will add a layer of secure encryption to our Site, so any information you submit on our Site is encrypted. You can double-click the padlock symbol to view the certificate’s details.
We use commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect, and you use our Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
How do I unsubscribe from email marketing communications?
There are two ways to unsubscribe to any email subscriptions:
- Follow the unsubscribe link in the email footer.
- If unsubscribing via the link does not work, you may respond to the contact you received the email from and they will re-route your email to the appropriate person.
How do I file a complaint?
If you feel that your email address has been used without your permission and contacting the sender has not yielded satisfactory results you can issue a formal complaint by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Children’s Privacy Protection
Neighborhood Partnerships is aware of the heightened need to protect the privacy of children under the age of 13. The Site is not intended for children and is not targeted to children under the age of 13. Neighborhood Partnerships does not knowingly collect data from children and, if we learn that we have received identifying information from a user under the age of 13, we will delete this information.
7. Third Party Websites
There may be hyperlinks on the Site to other sites or locations that are operated and controlled by third parties (“Third Party sites”). These Third Party sites may use their own cookies, web beacons and other technology to independently collect information about you. In addition, these Third Party sites may solicit Personal Information or payment information from you. We make no representations regarding the policies or business practices of such Third Party sites and encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before providing them with your Personal Information.
8. Changing this policy
We may change this policy at any time by changing or removing existing terms or adding new ones. Changes may take the form of a completely new policy. We will tell you about any changes by posting an updated policy on our Site. Any change we make applies from the date we post it on the Site.